Thursday, 6 June 2013

How to Ask Rich People For Money in 2014 (9 Steps)

If you’re experiencing hardship then why not ask rich people for help? As individuals become rich and wealthy they also become very generous and want to help people like you and me. Some of the most generous philanthropists are millionaires and billionaires who want to give money away. Some billionaires like Warren Buffett have even pledged to give their entire wealth away to help people all around the world. If you’re facing a challenge and have nowhere to turn to then you could ask rich people for help.

Step 1: Are You Really Experiencing Hardship


Help will only be given to those that really need it, if you’re experiencing a genuine hardship and you’ve tried to sort yourself out and have sought public assistance then you could be eligible for help. A Genuine need would be help with medical treatment, medical bills, poverty, homelessness, disaster recovery, financial despair. If you’re going through one of these challenges then there is a good chance you’ll get help.

Step 2: Look for Rich People


The next step is to look for rich people who might be able to help you; if you look at rich lists such as the Forbes Philanthropy List, The Business Week Rich List or the Giving Pledge you’ll be able to find at least one hundred millionaires and billionaires who give money away. Some of the biggest donors include Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, George Kaiser, George Soros and Jeff Skoll.

Try to create a spreadsheet with all one hundred philanthropists and then take the time to read the profiles and the good causes that they support. This step might take time but it is definitely worth it, by researching deeper into the philanthropist’s background you’ll be able to determine which billionaires are most likely to support your hardship.




Step 3: Names & Addresses of Rich People


Once you’ve got your list ranked in order of billionaires who are most likely to donate to you, your next step is to find the contact details of all these generous people. Finding the contact details should not take too long, you can either contact the charitable foundation they run or you could email and write to them direct. Once you’ve found the contact details make a note of this on your spreadsheet so that you can have a complete list.




Step 4: Writing a Hardship Letter


The next step is to write a hardship letter to the rich person and ask them for money, this is one of the most important steps and you should spend a lot of time perfecting your letter so that it communicates effectively with the millionaire you’re about to contact. A polished hardship letter should include your present circumstances and how you got into the hardship. The letter should also ask for financial assistance, ask for something in the region of $100 and don’t push your luck too much, finish the letter by describing how much of a difference this would make to your life. Take your time to make as many drafts as you need to perfect the letter until it represents your circumstances.




Step 5: Send the Hardship Letter to Rich People


Once you’ve perfected your hardship letter you need to send it to all the rich people on the list you compiled on your spreadsheet, you could mail merge the hardship letter with the spreadsheet so that you can print off all the letters quickly and efficiently rather than writing the names and addresses of each rich person. Once you’ve got all your letters address them in an envelope and send them off.



Step 6: Waiting for a Response


Unfortunately there is no guarantee that you’ll get help, these requests can take months to process and most of the time they want more information. It’s more effective to gradually work through your list so that you can eventually get a constant stream of letters either giving you a donation or not. Don’t be disorientated or disappointed if you’re rejected and just keep on trying.

Step 7: Ask Other People for Help


Now that you have your hardship letter you can start contacting other people for help, you could start writing to local business, churches, and charities asking them for financial assistance. Local businesses love to help their community so sending a letter to all the businesses in your area might turn out to be very profitable. Churches and charities are often very generous when it comes to giving out clothes and food so you could save a lot of money.

Step 8: Ask the Public for Help


You can even take this one step further and post your letter online on cyber begging sites; these sites have helped countless people who’ve experienced hardship. All you have to do is copy your letter and publish it online and then use the power of social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.com to reach as many people as you can. If your hardship request goes viral then there is a very good chance you’ll make a lot of money.

Step 9: What to do With the Money


Eventually you’ll start to see donations coming in, it’s important that you remind yourself why you needed the donation and use the money for that purpose, avoid going on spending sprees and use the money effectively. If you’ve been given more money that you need then stick this into a savings account so that you can use it as an emergency fund.

You should visit USA.Gov if need urgent financial assistance and financial help from the Government. You can apply for mortgage assistance programs, military financial assistance, financial assistance for pensioners and even debt consolidation and debt management advice. 

How to ask Rich People for Money Discussion

How to Ask Oprah for Money Discussion

7 comments:

  1. dear sir/madam
    i tharindu barnes abeyawardana from srilanka would like to ask you for a big help its not with money , please help me to get a employement visa to italy so that i can stand on my feet it has always been my dream to travel toitaly please if you can help me get a job and a visa i would be much great full . and you can contact me through my email tharinduabeyawardena@yahoo.com or on my mobile number 94778896137.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Bizwell the first born son of 3, a sister and brother. My parents works, mother works as a general worker, father as a clerical officer, y am writting to you is that Iam asking for your help , I wnt to go to the college I completed my secondary school in 2009 at chika high skul, all this years I havn hoMe tryn for peace work bt cnt reach the maxmum I mean the college fee..u can contact me on dude@airtelzm.blackberry.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please give me $500,000 so I can pay off my debts and buy my parents a home.
    Please email me at: 5hundredthousanddollars@gmail.com

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. hello miss ellen.may name is adem dobratiqi from kosovo. I have 2 small children and no job and I have very low income. pleas pleas can you help me, I needit 200 euro to Celebratione new year whith may children. like all the peopel in the wold. really I dont know wher I can gat the money to Celebratione new year .my procredit bank may account no is 1110301935000105.SWIFT BIC CODE MBKOXKPR prishtina kosovo. may phone number is 0038649468853.god bless you thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm relatively lazy and possess no discernible skills or talents. My desire for success, wealth or attainable goals generally is nil but the activity required to make even the slightest shift away from my monitor pains me.

    Send small bills as the corner store won't take $50's.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Pleasant Good Day to all,

    My name is Abby. I am a single mom of four lovely kids. I lost my home due to foreclosure. I have a job with a minimum income and I am now seeking an additional job to increase my income. Meanwhile if I tell you it is tough IT IS TOUGH. I am struggling to make ends meet just to keep my little ones in school, clothes on their backs and food on the table. I share a home with my GF, her two kids and her Mom. It is their home. When I get a second job and increase my income, I will thank them for accommodating me, purchase a good supply of groceries for them and then find a place of my own. What I need now is some funds to get me through the next 3months since this will give me enough time to acquire a second job and make daycare arrangements. Anything will be greatly appreciated. I see other people posting here with more dire needs, some medical so if you are in a position and you feel willing to assist them then I will suggest you give them first priority over me anyday. So Thank you for your time. My name is Abby Williams c/o P.O.Box 1247, Port of Spain, Trinidad West Indies and my email is abbywills28@gmail.com - Do have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete